Monday, May 3, 2010

Favorite Day of the Year

This month has been a struggle.
Life is a struggle.
But this month, oh it has been hard.
Seems like I'm always dealt the odd card.
The one that you often try to avoid, ignore.
The one that seems to knock on your door.

But wait, it's times like these that I realize.
That these odd cards are no surprise,
They do not mean to penalize,
They mean to open my eyes.

Dear God, I thank you for bringing to me
These struggles that bring me so much agony
Because after the pain settles, it's clear
I can smile when I look in the mirror

With just one innocent smile
I'm stronger, oh I'm stronger
Though people may doubt my word
Nothing can suppress what I've been assured

Today I woke up without much thought
And carried on without a caveat
And I was confronted by what I did not expect
A family that showed me much respect

My friends, they are my family forreal
They give my life so much appeal
Today I hugged each one of them
And remembered that WM isn't just about Swem