Monday, May 3, 2010

Hakuna Matata~~

[Pumbaa:]
I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind
And oh, the shame {Timon: He was ashamed}
Thought of changin' my name {Timon: Oh! What's in a name?}
And I got downhearted {Timon: How did ya feel?}

....

[Both:]
Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze

[Simba:]
It means no worries for the rest of your days

[All:]
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata!

I think it was spring semester of last year when the facebook fad of listing 25 random things about yourself was at it's peak. The Flat Hat published some of random things William and Mary had posted on their facebooks. I remember reading an entry that said something like "there are some trees around campus that remind me of the trees from the Lion King, so every time I pass by them I sing a Lion King song." I still don't know what trees this person referred to, but every time I pass by any row of trees around campus I sing Hakuna Matata to see if the song and the trees match up. I think the student referred to the trees behind Swem, but I can't be sure. Still though, this random student helped me remind myself to stay calm even if I'm crumbling under lots of work or if everything goes wrong. So, yeah, thank you random William and Mary student and Flat Hat for reminding that everything passes-- so... no worries.