Monday, May 3, 2010

Swem Third Floor

My Junior spring was one of the toughest semesters I had at William & Mary. For an insane reason that still escapes me, I decided to take 18 credit hours.

It was the second week of finals and I had literally been up for almost three days straight trying desperately to finish a 20 page research paper for my Government Seminar. I was on the third floor of Swem at around 11pm when someone tapped me on the shoulder. Three girls were walking thru Swem handing out brownies and cookies for free. When I asked why they were doing this they explained that they were already done with their finals and they wanted to do something nice for the kids who weren't done yet to help them feel less stressed.

I thought that this was possibly the sweetest thing I had ever heard and it really highlighted to me exactly how lucky we are to be a part of the Tribe community.

It was a little thing that made a big difference for my mental state. I ended up getting an A on my paper, and I don't think the chocolate chip cookies they gave me were the reason why... but they certainly helped!